04 May 2013

Delivery reference Dec. 2014 of a brand new Outremer 45 catamaran, France to St Martin, BVI

Adam & Lisa Friedlander
3 Upland Lane
Armonk, New York, 10504
Tel: 914-694-6000 Ext. 206

December 17, 2014

Captain Jan Cluistra
The Yacht Delivery Team
850 NE 3rd Street Suite 210
Dania Beach, Florida 33004


Re: Our Atlantic Crossing
                       
Dear Jan,

After the initial euphoria of buying a new Outremer 45 in France, I was a bit overwhelmed by how I would get her back to New York, provision her, perform sea trials, and find a captain and crew, all while meeting work and family commitments…until I hired you.

After calling your references who all spoke to your unparalleled ocean crossing and catamaran experience, your wonderful nature and integrity, I was very excited about the voyage.

I am very grateful to you for making a dream trip a wonderful reality. You delivered on every promise, your word your bond. You assembled a talented crew, passionate about sailing, easy going with “can-do” attitudes.

You taught me so much on the trip about how to get and interpret weather, catamaran sailing strategies, how to use the latest technology, sail selection, engine and water maker maintenance, docking techniques, chafing mitigation and what tools and equipment were best. Watching your wonderful leadership skills as Captain, I will be calmer and more open minded.  Even though you’ve crossed the ocean 36 times, you welcomed any question and suggestions. Your coaching raised my confidence to another level.

I couldn’t be happier with my decision to hire you. It was an honor to sail with you.


Sincerely,


Adam Friedlander


No comments: